- Place and year of birth: Englewood Hospital, Chicago
- Birthplace of parents: Mother: Chicago; Father: Hamburg, Germany
- Parents’ occupations: Mother worked at Ford aircraft engine plant and VA Hospital, father was a factory foreman.
- Dates of residence in Chrysler Village: 1948-1972, at 6352 S. Long St. Previously has lived in Wheaton, Batavia, and Geneva, Illinois.
- Cultural background: Blue collar white. No religion while living in Clearing, now Evangelical Christian.
- Educational background:
- 1953-1958: Grimes Branch
- 1959-1962: Nathan Hale
- 1963-1966: Lindblom High School
- 1968-1970: Wilson Junior College, Bogan Junior College
- 1970-1972: B.S. in Economics and B.S. in Finance at University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Work experiences:
- 1957: Paperboy at Chicago Daily News
- 1958-1960: Chicago American
- 1962-1967: Shoe room, bus boy, counter at Marzano’s Clearing Bowl
- 1968: Warehouseman at Electro Motive (a division of General Motors)
- 1969: Summer job working on the frames at Illinois Bell
- 1970-1971: Cab Driver at Checker Taxi
- 1972-1974: Economic Analyst at Inland Steel
- 1975-1976: Corporate Planning Officer at Chicago Northwestern
- 1976: International Financial Analyst at Gould
- 1977-1981: Programmer to Vice President at Plansmith
- 1982-1988: Senior Manager at Deloitte & Touche
- 1989-2001: Parner, Executive Partner at McGladrey & Pullen
- 2001-2010: Executive Parther at Clifton Gunderson
- Involvement in community organizations:
- President of Life Savings Ministries International, a 501c3 Christian mission focused on improving the lives and education of Dalit and Lambodi young women and widows. Built and operates an orphanage in Vikarabad, Andra Predesh, India
Click here to listen to the interview.