- Full name: Sandra McKie Villalobos
- Place and year of birth: Chicago (Pilsen), 1952
- Birthplace of parents: Chicago (Back of the Yards)
- Parents’ occupations: Father was a truck driver who worked his way up to vice president of a small trucking firm, mother worked for a five and dime store when she was younger, then at a factor, then was a stay-at-home mom.
- Dates of residence in Chrysler Village: Married in 1980 and lived in Clearing at 61st and Oak Park; moved to Chrysler Village around 1982. Previously lived in St. Paul, Minnesota for four years in her teens and twenties. Also lived in San Antonio, TX with her husband for a few years, then moved back to Chrysler Village because his mother and all his family are here.
- Cultural background: Caucasian (Irish, Scottish, Swedish, German), Catholic (non-practicing), middle class. Husband is Mexican.
- Educational background:
- Josiah Pickard Elementary School
- St. Ann High School (now closed)
- Harrison High School (Probably Carter H. Harrison Technical High School (now housing Maria Saucedo Scholastic Academy)
- Tilden Tech in Back of the Yards, graduated in 1970 (now known as Tilden Career Community Academy)
- Daley College (2 years studying photography)
- Certified nursing assistant school in St. Paul, MN
- Work experiences:
- Age 14: Youth Counselor
- Age 16: Worked in a factory with her mother
- After graduation: Nursery School
- Nurse’s Aide, Holy Cross Hospital, Chicago (4 years)
- Nurse’s Aide, San Antonio, TX (9 months)
- Home Health Care Aide (16 years)
- Good Samaritan Hospital, Chicago, volunteered in Bone Health after retiring (15 years)
- Involvement in community organizations:
- N/A: Interacts mostly with individual neighbors
Click here to listen to the interview.